Something's Missing. . .

1:01 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
Fall weather has finally hit the Bluegrass! I couldn't be happier to have a 67 degree house, flannel sheets on my bed & open windows throughout the night. This past weekend my roommate Kristina and her sister Brooke & I ventured out to an orchard south of Lexington to pick pumpkins and check out their corn maze. It ended up being a bust - their pumpkins were pitiful and we wanted to wait for Jenna to hit up the 9 acre corn maze in the shape of Abe Lincoln. So we got hot apple cider and sat on top of a mountain of hay bales watching kids run around like little banchees. Then we hit up Wal-Mart to buy 'Hocus-Pocus', pumpkins, knives & anything with "pumpkin" in the title. (No lie; pumpkin air freshner, pumpkin coffee creamer, pumpkin pudding). Told ya.




Kristina & I after our hot apple cider . .

'Hocus Pocus' = Best Fall Movie Ever.
"Oh Allison, Allison. KISS ME! I'm ALLISON!"
"For your information he's a little leaguer!"
My free-handed Colts helmet. My horseshoe needs work.


T Cloud, Brooke & I with our finished pumpkins.


Roasted pumpkin seeds with cinnamon, nutmeg & sugar. Hit me up for the recipe - they're excellent! Our whole house smelled delicious.

1 comments:

Jessica Johnston said...

I need that recipe lady.