Hot 'N Cold...

2:26 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm busy - back off.

Recap of the events since my last post.

1. 1 roommate decided to go AWOL & move out. At the end of September one of my roommates decided to interview for (not take) a job in Cincinnati leaving my three roommate & I to foot her bill for the house. Ohhh it gets better. She says she'll pay for October's rent to give us a bit of a cushion, nice of her. About a week later she texts the roommate who has her check to tell her that check is "bad" and that another check is in the mail. Check #2 arrives - but for $300 less than promised. Perfect.

2. AWOL roommate moves out and keeps her key. We ask her to return it and she tells us it's in the mail. I receive an envelope within an envelope about two weeks later. One envelope is from AWOL, and it sits inside a post-office envelope apologizing that my mail has been ripped open. You guessed it; no key. I would like to think the key fell out in a mail bin - but common sense tells me there are other possibilities. Someone could have felt the envelope - figured out it had a key in it; because AWOL didn't wrap the key in anything, include a note, or make any effort to disguise the contents of the envelope, ripped the letter open and stole the key. My roommates & I decided the best thing to do is get new locks - because who knows where the missing key is and who might have it. So last night - at around 9:00 I headed to Wal-Mart where I spent $40 for two new door handles & 2 new deadbolt locks. Fear not - they are installed & we are safe. Safe from burglars - not from idiots.

3. I had a summer class this past summer - and I got a random facebook message from a boy in my class just saying "What's up". Totally normal - except it was during class, he didn't know my name, and we never talked aside from his random message. Strange - but whatever - maybe he saw me on my computer & got my name from there? Whatever. I'm over it - UNTIL I OPEN THE PAPER AND READ HE'S BEEN ARRESTED FOR STALKING. I'm serious. Crazies are everywhere!

4. Jenna, T Cloud & I made the trek to Lebanon (KY) for Ham Days. I have heard all about Ham Days since I met Jenna a few years ago - but have never experienced it for myself. Folks; it did not disappoint. There were thousands of people in the small town of Lebanon. Saturday morning the girls & I got up bright & early to take it all in. Instead of taking the standard route through Ham Days, we mixed it up & experienced it from a window. A bridal shop window. Wearing wedding dresses & veils. For 2 hours we stood in a bridal shop window to advertise wedding dresses. We were all hesitant, but it was hilarious. The three of us in wedding dresses was funny in itself; we're nowhere near marriage & I think it was the first time we'd each seen each other wearing formal wear. As funny as we felt the people outside were even funnier. Most would walk by, smile & wave but others were shocked. I'm not sure if they didn't pay enough attention to realize we were real people, but some passers-by would walk along and then JUMP when they paid enough attention to see we were people. Too funny. People took our pictures, men proposed, little girls waved & girlfriends glared. Good times had by all.

5. We switched rooms! AWOL left us with an empty room - so the four of us decided against trying to find a random roommate to move in & spread out in the house to our own rooms. Luck of the draw gave me the master bedroom! T Cloud & Jenna moved upstairs & Courtney stayed put. Moving days were heinous - I had bruises & sore muscles from moving beds, desks, dressers & mattresses up and downstairs. It was well worth it; we all love having our own rooms & a place to call our own. This whole situation was a blessing in disguise - with a higher rent rate to boot. We'll manage.

6. I killed the biggest spider I've ever seen today. It was in a hallway closet in my house as I was digging around for anything that might be mine. I was on my hands and knees when a spider with a body the size of a quarter (no lie) scurried toward me. I jumped up & my first instinct was to shut the closet door. I did, but logic told me that wasn't the smartest decision. I opened the door up & found a snow shovel inside. I grabbed it and did work on the spider. So gross.

I think that's it - - I'm happy to report fall has arrived! I wore a sweater tonight & it felt wonderful. 65 is just about perfect weather in Lexington. Sunny skies & a slight chill in the air - just enough to make you want a hot cup of somethin' to sip on. I can't wait for the leaves to change & fall, the return of socks & shoes, coats & Halloween! Before you know it it'll be winter & Christmas!

I'm in the midst of an all-nighter to study for an 8 a.m. exam. I haven't even begun studying - but that's the joy of all-nighters. I've got so much TIME. In fact; I've got ALL NIGHT. (You should have seen that coming). Wish me luck!

0 comments: